Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Oh, so much to do!

Have you ever started so many projects that one gets set aside to finish another.. then " Oh, I wanna try to make that!!"   Right now I'm in the middle of multiple projects...  I have decided that I need to finish all the ones I've started before I start any more.. (we'll see how that works for me... lol)  But, I would like to show you the finished shirt I've made for me!!! 

It is a Simplicity 3893
It started as a size 24 per the the requirements on the package-
But when I completed it, it looked like "Omar the tentmaker" made it!  It was huge!!!
Luckily, I was able to bring in aprox. 1 inch on both sides from the sleeve to the bottem hem. That was 4 inches total off!!!!  I think next time I will make a 20 instead...   
Oh, by the way, when  get a new pattern I always copy them onto another paper (wrapping paper works wonderfull) using my rollie stick thing ( so technical am I???)
    
I lay the pattern on the wrapping paper and roll around the lines so when I lift the pattern, the marks copied. that way I don't cut one specific size out..  (great for growing children)  Then I cut out the wapping paper. It's much stronger then the tissue paper thin patterns and lasts longer.

Please, tell me what you think of the shirt!




1 comment:

  1. wrapping paper!!!!! BRILLIANT!

    I struggle with that one every time I get a new pattern. I usually end up tracing them onto a large pad of tracing paper I have, but when I'm sewing for myself, sometime the pieces are still to big and I have to tape sheets together to make it work! Can't believe I didn't think of wrapping paper!

    Plus, maybe I can finally get rid of some of that Christmas wrapping paper from 2+ years ago!!

    ReplyDelete