Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Look what I've made!!!!

I've been sewing up a storm and I wanted to show you a bit of it!


1st-  I've made a roman shade for the kitchen window- the window is huge and slides from right all the way open to the left. I didn't want a normal set of curtains as they will be in the way and will get wet. 

2nd- I made a baseball style shirt for Mandi out of my husbands old shirt.. (Thank you Wardeh for this tutorial)  I knew she would love it cause it says "Rock Star" across the back. The only thing was it had a slogan for alcoholic drink on the front... I tried everything I could think to get it off- rubbing alcohol, nail polish remover, blow dryer, and mineral spirits. NOTHING was getting this off!!!!  So I did what I thought was a good thing- I put that part of the shirt inside out!  I swear I couldn't see it (My husband said he could tho )     I was so excited after a few minor issues such as sewed the sleeve on backwards, broke the strings on the ruffle, and sewed on the ruffle with the seams facing out.. whoops... It was COMPLETE!!!!!

(I swear I couldn't see it...)

 

3rd- I made a skirt for complete with belt for Beka. I found it in this book -
It was fairly easy to make. I used a pair of jeans that she had gottin just about to big for, but with the seams for the legs ripped out it gave her more space for her bottom to fit!  Woo- Hoo !    (Note to self- do NOT put the pretty lace on the bottom of a skirt at knee length.. She came home from school with rug like burns on the back of her knees... )   I even made sure that the skirt followed the school rules of shorts underneath. I made a pair of white shorts out of one of my sons old tee shirts and sewed them into the skirt!  She was soooooo happy!
    


So that's what I've been up to.

Thank you for visiting my piece of life..... Jenn






1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the tip about the lace-burns on your daughter's legs. I thought about the itchiness of the tulle for the skirt I made my daughter, but then I considered that she'd always be wearing it with tights or leggings, at least for the next 6 months or so. I'll have to remember not to let her wear it in the summer, but maybe since the one I made is quite full it won't matter anyway.
    The skirt you made for your daughter is adorable. Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete