We always see all the cool and colorful clothing and projects made for the little girls.... all the flowers, lace and ruffles. But, rarely is there anything out there for the boys. No manly projects. My son, Dan, watches me make all the clothes for the girls, but never for him.... I decided to make a vest for him using a pair of old jeans that no longer fit. I had him take off the back pockets and the zipper with the seam ripper. ( He liked doing that, I think I'll keep him around for the goof ups I do! lol) We didn't have a pattern.. So we made one with a plain white Tee shirt.. You should have seen the look on his face.. We layed the shirt out and I started rotary cutting away!!! Up the front- swipe.. sleeves- swipe... shoulder seams- swipe... side seams-swipe... His eyes just about came out of his head! ( where was my camera then... ;) ) I got the pattern tho! We layed the pieces out on the jeans and then cut some more.. I assembled it and sewed it late in the night for a few nights but this is what I came up with-
You noticed the dark spots where the original pockets were??? and I used the zipper to close one of the front pockets.... He thought this was the coolist thing in the world. I also used some camo material we had to make a bias tape for around the whole vest. ( woo-hoo , no hemming!!!!!)
That is the newist project... until next time!



I love this!! You are so talented. I can't wait to see more of your ideas.
ReplyDelete