Soon school will be out and summer has finally arrived..
Here is some of my recently finished projects-
I just last night finished this wonderfully Buzy Care Bear dress for my Mandi. Do you think the ribbon tones down how busy it is?? I think it gives a break in the pattern very well. I understand little girls love every thing about bright colors and patterns, but me not as much....
I know your dying to know what I have it hanging on.. ( You probibly haven't noticed it at all) Let is back up a week or so-
I had been reading about making your own dress form. Since I do most of the sewing for the girls at night, I NEEDED a form !!!
Simple Instructions-
Step One- Find a fairly happy child and put her in a tee shirt (make sure the shirt doesn't mean anything, cause the child will not get it back)
Step Two- Start wrapping the duct tape around her using 1 foot pieces. Try to get it snug, but not too tight... Child NEEDS to breath!! When finished wrapping the child will look something like this-
I know your dying to know what I have it hanging on.. ( You probibly haven't noticed it at all) Let is back up a week or so-
I had been reading about making your own dress form. Since I do most of the sewing for the girls at night, I NEEDED a form !!!
Simple Instructions-
Step One- Find a fairly happy child and put her in a tee shirt (make sure the shirt doesn't mean anything, cause the child will not get it back)
Step Two- Start wrapping the duct tape around her using 1 foot pieces. Try to get it snug, but not too tight... Child NEEDS to breath!! When finished wrapping the child will look something like this-
Boy, she looks soooo happy??? (every minute she was saying " Mom, are we done?? I can't breath...")
I put the blue electrical tape around her to help when putting it back together... you'll see.
I put the blue electrical tape around her to help when putting it back together... you'll see.
Step Four- VERY carefully, cut up the back between the child and the teeshirt/tape mold. When totally cut, child will slide right out!
Step Five- Retape the mold together using the blue tape as the markers to line up with. (The tape will help you not to put the mold back together crooked)
Step Six- I put a child coat hanger inside it for hanging and I also added a piece of cardboard taped cross wise from the chest to the back so the mold wouldn't collapse.

See isn't she happy now???? (She could breath again!!!)
I also finished a elastic shirred top for Beka-
I also finished a elastic shirred top for Beka-




No comments:
Post a Comment